ASUU 2023-2024 Elections Packet!
ASUU Elections Board
Jaysen JensenElections Director
Brooklyn BrownElections Associate Director
Cameron NelsonElections Associate Director
From Start to Finish
In order to run as a candidate for ASUU Elections, you must be a currently enrolled student at the University of Utah. Certain positions have additional requirements, such as completed credit hours. More information on candidate requirements can be found in the ASUU Elections Packets, within Redbook (the ASUU Constitution), or on the filing forms themselves.
All candidates must complete the ASUU Elections filing form for their desired race and pay a $5 filing fee (fee waivers available).
All candidates must complete a candidate training. All trainings, educations, and marketing requests must be submitted prior to the campaigning period.
Candidates will have the opportunity to campaign beginning January 28, 2023, and ending on the final day of voting, February 24, 2023.
Voting will be open February 21 @ 6am MST - February 24 at 5pm MST, 2023. Elections results will be announced on February 27, 2023.
All colleges are granted one seat in the ASUU Senate. Information on candidates for each seat are posted above. In instances where more than one candidate is running for a seat, candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name.
- College of Architecture + Planning
- David Eccles School of Business
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- School of Dentistry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Health
- College of Humanities
- S.J. Quinney College of Law
- School of Medicine
- College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- College of Social & Behavioral Science
- College of Social Work
- Undergraduate Studies (undeclared students)
The ASUU Assembly is comprised of 34 seats proportionately allocated among the university's 18 colleges (17 academic colleges + Undergraduate Studies for undeclared majors) according to each college's most recent enrollment data. The current apportionment of Assembly seats among the colleges is listed below. Information on Assembly candidates will be posted here in Spring 2023. In cases where more than one candidate has filed for a race, candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name.
- College of Architecture + Planning (1 seat)
- David Eccles School of Business (5 seats)
- School for Cultural and Social Transformation (1 seat)
- School of Dentistry (1 seat)
- College of Education (1 seat)
- College of Engineering (5 seats)
- College of Fine Arts (2 seats)
- College of Health (2 seats)
- College of Humanities (2 seats)
- S.J. Quinney College of Law (1 seat)
- School of Medicine (1 seat)
- College of Nursing (1 seat)
- College of Pharmacy (1 seat)
- College of Science (3 seats)
- College of Social & Behavioral Science (4 seats)
- College of Social Work (1 seat)
- Undergraduate Studies (2 seats)