All student groups must register online. Below are log in instructions and registration requirements.
How to create a student group:
- Account Email: Your Umail address firstname.lastname@example.org. (ex: email@example.com)*
- Password: Your unid with a capital U (ex: U#######)*
*Your alias will not work as a login, only your unid
- Once you are logged in, go to: “Getting started” (located on the top right corner)
- Click “New Group Registration” – follow instructions and submit form at the end of that page.
- Click HERE to go to the log in page.
Requirements to create a new student group:
1. In order to register as an ASUU student group there must be at least 3 currently registered students who are matriculated in classes at the U to be listed within your group.
2. The name and symbols of your organization must not include the use of registered University trademarks including: THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH; UTAH; RUNNIN’ UTES; UTES; official block letter “U”; UU; U of U; Lady Utes; ASUU; Swoop; Block U with medical caduceus; Circle and feather; The Muss; The School Seal; The School Medallion.
3. Submit a Constitution: Each new student group is required to prepare and submit a constitution to ASUU. This is a useful self-governance document to archive and clearly state what the rules are for your student group. The constitution will outline the purpose, membership, responsibilities, and organization of your group. Within the membership part of your constitution you must state that all students have equal opportunity to join your organization. A guide that can help make your constitution great can be found at http://www.asuu.utah.edu/constitution/
4. Keep in mind the contact person’s information will be published on our website to allow students to request information about your group- unless otherwise noted.
5. It is optional but strongly recommended to secure and list a student group advisor. An advisor can be a staff or faculty member here at the U.
6. Unless the student organization is fully sponsored and supervised by a University department, all financial activities are the sole responsibility of the student organization. The University’s name and trademarks may not be used on bank accounts and the use of the University’s taxpayer identification number is prohibited.
Student group registration checklist:
1. Did you enter at least 3 registered students on your roster?
2. Did you upload a constitution?
3. Did you enter a co-chair or advisor, if you have one?
*Your club will not be activated without the first two items!
Questions? Contact: Tom Hurtado – 801.581.2788 – firstname.lastname@example.org