BUDGET AND ASSEMBLY ITEMS
- Funded through annual budget and Assembly bills:
ADVERTISING AND RECRUITMENT – 100% of the cost, up to $1500 Maximum per year
- Examples: Banners, posters, fliers, printing, shipment of advertising materials, etc.
ORGANIZATIONAL APPAREL (T-shirts, hats, uniforms, etc.) – 100% of the cost, up to $500 maximum per year
- Apparel must prominently display the organization name and/or logo.
ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPLIES AND DECORATIONS- 100% of the cost, up to $500 maximum per year
- Letterhead, envelopes or business cards can be funded, but no individuals’ names may appear on it.
- Examples: Stapler, tape, postage, paper, pens, balloons, etc.
ROOM RENTAL – 100% of the cost, up to $600 maximum per year
EQUIPMENT – 70% of the cost, up to $500 maximum per year
- Equipment purchased/rented must be for the entire student group and not for individual use.
- Examples: Sound system, lights, tents, goal net, tools, etc.
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT – 70% of the cost, up to $1000 maximum per year
- Entertainers and guest speakers will only be paid directly in accordance with the University Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Examples: Performers, industry experts, singers, professors outside the University of Utah, professionals, scientists, researchers, plaques &
honorarium (Non-cash award/prizes must be pre-approved by the Director of Finance in accordance with the ASUU Financial Policies and Procedures),
FOOD – 50% of the cost, up to $300 maximum per year
- Prior approval must be given by the Finance Board or the Assembly.
ASSEMBLY ONLY ITEMS
AIRFARE – 50% of the cost, up to $150 per person
LODGING – 50% of the cost, up to $50/night per room for maximum of 2 nights
CAR RENTAL/MOTOR POOL – 50% of the cost, up to $50/day for 4 days
Items not funded by ASUU:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Ammunition or Firearms
- Computer Software
- Academic, editorial, or literary publications
- Entertainment expenses at conferences
- Graduation, graduation party or gifts
- Cash awards, gifts, or gift cards
*Due to Budget restraints, not all requests may be granted.
*No student group may receive more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) per year of ASUU funds from any source.
*Services provided by the member(s) of the group will not be funded unless pre-approved by the Director of Finance, while upholding all Redbook guidelines.
*Any sport teams or clubs involved in intercollegiate competitions or that travels to competitive events must also be registered with Campus Recreation to be eligible for ASUU funding.
The Finance Board reserves the right to make exceptions to these guidelines under special circumstances, by approval of the Finance Review Board, while upholding all Redbook guidelines.
Last Revised: August 1, 2011